- A.M. Best RatingMarkel American Insurance Company
Admitted Carrier / Rated A XV by A.M. Best
The rating information provided is not in any way CalSurance Associates' warranty or guaranty of the financial stability of the insurer(s). The information is current only as of the date of the publication. Please visit ambest.com for current rating information.
- Admitted CarrierNotice:
- The insurance policy is being issued by an insurer that is not licensed by the state. These companies are called "nonadmitted" or "surplus line" insurers.
- The insurer is not subject to the financial solvency regulation and enforcement that apply to licensed insurers.
- The insurer does not participate in any of the insurance guarantee funds. Therefore, these funds will not pay your claims or protect your assets if the insurer becomes insolvent and is unable to make payments as promised.
- The insurer should be licensed either as a foreign insurer in another state in the united states or as a non-United States (alien) insurer. You should ask questions of your insurance agent, broker, or "surplus line" broker. You may also contact the NAIC's internet web site at naic.org.
- Foreign insurers should be licensed by a state in the United States and you may contact that state"s department of insurance to obtain more information about that insurer.
- Compensation Disclosure
In addition to the commissions or fees received by us for assistance with the placement, servicing, claims handling, or renewal of your insurance coverages, other parties, such as excess and surplus lines brokers, wholesale brokers, reinsurance intermediaries, underwriting managers and similar parties, some of which may be owned in whole or in part by Brown & Brown, Inc., may also receive compensation for their role in providing insurance products or services to you pursuant to their separate contracts with insurance or reinsurance carriers. That compensation is derived from your premium payments.
Additionally, it is possible that we, or our corporate parents or affiliates, may receive contingent payments or allowances from insurers based on factors which are not client-specific, such as the performance and/or size of an overall book of business produced with an insurer. We generally do not know if such a contingent payment will be made by a particular insurer, or the amount of any such contingent payments, until the underwriting year is closed. That compensation is partially derived from your premium dollars, after being combined (or "pooled") with the premium dollars of other insureds that have purchased similar types of coverage. We may also receive invitations to programs sponsored and paid for by insurance carriers to inform brokers regarding their products and services, including possible participation in company-sponsored events such as trips, seminars, and advisory council meetings, based upon the total volume of business placed with the carrier you select. We may, on occasion, receive loans or credit from insurance companies.
Additionally, in the ordinary course of our business, we may receive and retain interest on premiums you pay from the date we receive them until the date of premiums are remitted to the insurance company or intermediary. In the event that we assist with placement and other details of arranging for the financing of your insurance premium, we may also receive a fee from the premium finance company.
- Questions and Information RequestsShould you have any questions, or require additional information, please contact this office at 1‑800‑762‑7800 or, if you prefer, submit your question or request online.
- Risk Purchasing GroupBy enrolling for the proposed insurance policy, agents become members in the Financial Sales Professionals Purchasing Group, a group formed and operating pursuant to the Liability Risk Retention Act of 1986 (15 USC 3901 et seq.). There is no additional charge for this membership.